Spectacle Lens & Frame Care
Whether you need glasses for driving, reading, computer work, play, or any combination of these, proper care will prolong the life of your frames and lenses.
The following are some general tips on how to care for both:
- Always keep your glasses in their case when not in use. This will protect them from scratching and will also help extend the life of your frame.
- Try not to leave your glasses or case in the vehicle, especially during summers when the vehicle interior temperature can reach in excess of 100 degrees Fahrenheit.
- To avoid scratching, never lay your lenses face down on any type of hard or abrasive surface.
- Try and use both hands when putting on or removing your glasses. This will keep your glasses square and in proper alignment.
- To avoid scratching your lenses, never wipe them when they are completely dry. Never use paper products such as paper towel or tissue. It is always a good idea to spray or run the lens through a little warm water before cleaning to remove the fine dust that is abrasive and has collected on the lens.
- If your frame breaks, do not attempt to repair it with crazy glue or tape. Bring it to us and we will try to repair it properly.
In addition, all patients are recommended to have a second pair of glasses as back-ups or to reduce the wear and tear on one frame only.